Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hair Q&A with Andrew Barton


I am going to Jamaica in two weeks' time for a fortnight and am worried about the hot humid weather and what it will do to my thick blonde coloured hair? What products will I need to take to help my hair?
Pat

Hair needs moisture in the sun and the more you can treat your hair to this secret recipe the better. Use my Andrew Barton SOS range of shampoo, conditioner and treatment mask packed full of shea butter protein it will protect your hair from the damaging rays. The mask comes in a tub or easy to travel with sachets. You can leave the mask in all day on the beach and rinse out well when you get in the shower.



Hi
I was wondering if I could have some advice on what will be in fashion in autumn and winter? My hair is in need of a revamp, it's long and layered and I have just grown out my heavy fringe.
Many thanks
Hannah

Waves are a big fashion statement this season and are a perfect way to transform your hair without cutting. Try my Andrew Barton Triple Barrel Waver from Argos, this brand new tool makes its debut from the salon onto the high street. Place the lengths of hair between the grooved plates and get instant retro waves or mermaid locks.



Hi
I have naturally ginger hair and have coloured it dark brown for a number of years. I am sick of the dark hair now and would really like to be a lighter shade of brown but not sure if this can be done with my natural hair colour? I have light blue eyes and pale skin. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Emily

Emily, your dream can certainly be achieved but is definitely best achieved by a pro. AJ is my colour expert at my Covent Garden Salon. He will need to cleanse your hair of the dark dye and replace your original colour, it's a tricky job but will look amazing. You can expect to pay around £150 but this can be quoted acurately at a colour consultation in our colour suite.



Hello,
I have a six year old daughter who is mixed race (black African and white British) and her hair is in very tight curls, like Scary Spice in the early spice girls days! I've tried Frizz Ease and other straightening serums to no avail, and would like to know if there are any products out there that can either define and separate her curls or allow me to straighten her hair with my ceramic straightening tongs without the use of permanent harsh chemicals like hair relaxers?
Tawa

I think it's such a shame to straighten your daughters beautiful hair I'm a fan of embracing those curls girls, serums may help a little but are purely cosmetic, similar to a lipstick they wear off pretty quickly. The secret is all about getting moisture into the hair and the best way to do this is to use a deep conditioning mask at least twice a week, try my Andrew Barton SOS Treat Me Deeply mask. The hair receiving more moisture regularly will in time reduce the frizz and allow the curl to shape better. A little bit of serum will then work a lot better try my Andrew Barton Gloss Boss.



Hi
Please could you tell me what hair colour would suit me? I have medium brown hair going grey, a cool skin tone and am 47. I want foils and think they should be caramel and honey tones, I want something to blend in with the increasing amount of grey coming through, would this work?
Many thanks
Dawn

The caramel and honey tones sound great and woven foil highlights are a great way to add texture to the hair as well as pretty colour. At my salon in Covent Garden our colour experts love using a sunkissed lights effect where the front area has more highlights and the remaining hair has less and is painted an all-over natural colour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment